Guarantees on new Sashed Joinery products
Sashed warrants that services shall be supplied using reasonable skill and care for a period of ten years from the date of installation of the goods which shall be of a satisfactory quality as defined within the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Meaning reasonably fit for the purpose of which they are supplied for and free from defects in material & workmanship.
Sashed warrants that new joinery products come with a comprehensive warranty providing you with the peace of mind that your new timber windows and doors will last for many years to come. We shall provide guarantees for new joinery in accordance with the following schedule for products which have been installed by Sashed.
The small print
The guarantees offered on all Sashed factory finished products are based on the following conditions:
- Sashed shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from fair wear and tear, failure to follow any instructions supplied to you in relation to the Goods, defective brickwork or render, misuse, alteration, or repair of the Goods without Sashed express prior approval.
- The products have been stored and handled, installed, used and maintained correctly in accordance with our guidelines.
- Products have not been modified prior to installation.
- On installation the site was adequately ventilated to regulate moisture content.
- The product coating has not failed due to poor maintenance of the building, or by the building’s inadequate design.
- The product has not been allowed to accumulate dirt and debris resulting in mould growth.
- The coating has not been exposed to excessive heat (e.g., heating appliances, etc.) or pollutants.
- The coating has not been subjected to physical (ladders etc) or chemical (cleaning agents) damage.
- The product is fit for its intended use.
- Sashed maintenance schedule has been followed and completed in accordance with the Sashed Home Owners Care and Maintenance Guide.
- The products have been installed on UK mainland and have been fully paid for.
- All ironmongery surface finishes are not covered by our warranty, eg cosmetic deterioration.
Bi-folding doors made from pine have a variable term guarantee depending on the overall size.
You must maintain the Goods as set out in these guarantee conditions particularly in relation to paint finishes. Failure to maintain the Goods in accordance with the relevant guarantee terms or maintenance schedule will invalidate any guarantee given by us in relation to such Goods.
* Entrance door locks are covered by the guarantees provided by the lock manufactures, currently this is 10-years for Yale and for 12 months for Banham. Please be sure to register your new locks directly with the manufacturer.
Guarantees on new Aluminium Secondary Glazing products
Sashed warrants that its Aluminium Secondary Glazing products (frames and glazing), along with installation services, will be supplied with reasonable skill and care for a period of ten years from the date of installation of the goods. The products shall be of satisfactory quality, as defined within the Sale of Goods Act 1979, meaning they are reasonably fit for their intended purpose and free from defects in material and workmanship.
Our comprehensive warranty provides peace of mind that your new Aluminium Secondary Glazing products will last for many years to come.