“We love our new windows from Sashed. The smooth running sash can be lifted with one finger, yet such a tight fit. Our lounge now feels warm, cosy and secure. Fantastic job from start to finish, we highly recommend.” Chris and Vicky Rickaby.
The issue – old sash windows rotten and beyond repair
The sashes Chris and Vicky’s bay window were rotten and beyond repair and they wanted to replace them with double glazed units improve the insulation and security of their home before winter arrived. “We got three quotes initially,” said Vicky, “One of them was considerably more expensive and another seemed too cheap and the company also was not FENSA registered, which we thought was important. We were confident Sashed was the right company from the first visit. There was no pressure to buy and Sam was very knowledgeable, and we were reassured by the fact that the company is FENSA registered and also that their products are supported by an insurance backed guarantee. It’s also nice that the company is local to us.”
The solution – new double glazed wooden sash windows from Sashed
Chris and Vicky chose sliding sash windows in Meranti hardwood, with restrictors for added security. The windows were installed in one day, including making good inside and outside.
The result – a warmer and quieter home
“We love our new windows from Sashed. The smooth running sash can be lifted with one finger, yet such a tight fit. Our lounge now feels warm, cosy and secure. A fantastic job from start to finish, we highly recommend,” said Vicky.
How we did it
- The Sashed team carried out a survey of the property, in order to get a clear idea of what work needed to be done.
- A quote was then put together and given to Chris and Vicky
- Sashed organised drawings and prepared the supporting materials for the planning application.
- The team installed the new windows and made good inside and outside the flat.
- So if your windows are no longer performing as well as they once did, call us now on 0800 195 2939 to see how we can help.